In the winter, our Interlaken is transformed into a real winter wonderland – with snow-covered mountaintops, dazzlingly white valleys shimmering in the sunlight and huge icicles whose appearance amazes us. In short: it’s the place to be for all who really want to play and tumble in the snow.
Around Interlaken, you’ll find various ski slopes suited for beginners all the way to pros. Here, you can ski, snowboard and, of course, sledge. A wild tour over snow-covered slopes, surrounded by the tremendous panorama of the Bernese Oberland – brilliant! Needless to say, the same also applies to aquatic winter sports. How about a winter kayak tour on Lake Brienz?
Top spots for little skiers:
- Beatenberg-Niederhorn family ski resort: three slopes with various degrees of difficulty
- Axalp winter sports resort: family-friendly with a view of the wintry mountain and lake scenery
- Diemtigtal natural preserve: slope fun in the middle of the Bernese Oberland Alps
- Habkern ski resort: centrally located natural snow descent with four slopes
- Aeschi-Aeschiried ski resort: natural snow slopes with a view of Lake Thun
- Jungfrau ski region: cool descents, two snow parks, over 200 kilometres of slopes
Want to learn more? Look here!